The information below apply to those students enrolled at ESSEC in 2017/2018 since regulations are going to change drastically in 2018/2019.

Students enrolled in 2017/2018 and registered with LMDE in 2017/2018 will stay at LMDE in 2018/2019. 

Only in 2019/2020 they will have to be registered at Social Security, the center near their domicile in France. This article will be updated by the Office of the registrar in due time.

Once you have been registered by ESSEC to LMDE, we recommend that you read LMDE instructions in English or in other languages

to open your personal account MyLMDE.

to see what documents you'll have to send to finalize your registration in order to get your Social Security number (see our FAQ related to that item because Social Security numbers are issued by Social Security, not by ESSEC, which is only a school).

to distinguish between Social Security and complementary insurance

to see how you can get the so-called Carte Vitale (issued by Social Security, not by ESSEC).

More details if you can read LMDE website in French. You may also go to their office in Cergy le Haut, 37 boulevard de l'Evasion - 95800 Cergy.


Les informations ci-dessous s'appliquent aux étudiants inscrits à l'ESSEC en 2017/2018 puisque la réglementation va changer en 2018/2019.

Les étudiants inscrits en 2017/2018 et affiliés à la LMDE en 2017/2018 resteront affiliés à la LMDE en 2018/2019.

C'est seulement à partir de 2019/2020 qu'ils seront affiliés à la Sécurité Sociale régime général, auprès de la CPAM dont dépend leur domicile. Cet article sera mis à jour par le Bureau du registraire en temps voulu.

Une fois que vous avez été affiliés par le Groupe ESSEC au Centre de Sécurité Sociale étudiante de la LMDE, nous recommandons de suivre les instructions données par la LMDE sur son site pour ouvrir son compte MyLMDE

Ainsi, vous verrez quels documents envoyer si vous n'avez pas encore de numéro de Sécurité Sociale en France,

comment distinguer le rôle de la Sécurité Sociale et celui de la complémentaire (mutuelle),

comment demander la Carte Vitale.

A retenir: le numéro de Sécurité Sociale ainsi que la Carte Vitale sont édités par la Sécurité Sociale, et non pas par l'ESSEC, qui reste un établissement d'enseignement.