You are a GBBA or GEMSc student and you are going on an exchange or DD in one of the Erasmus+ eligible countries (see Ernest FAQ: The Erasmus Program 2018-19 - Eligible Countries)?
No need to inform the ESSEC Erasmus coordinator about your mobility project.
Your Study abroad coordinator will send the list of all outgoing students to the Erasmus coordinator who will in turn send you the necessary documents to open your Erasmus file. The minimum duration of an exchange is 3 months.
You intend doing an internship in one of the Erasmus+ eligible countries (see Ernest FAQ: The Erasmus Program 2018-19 - Eligible Countries)?
You must inform the ESSEC Erasmus coordinator via the Ernest platform about your project giving as much information as possible: start & end dates, country, working language. The minimum duration of an internship is 2 months.
The Erasmus procedure
Whether doing an exchange/DD or an internship/traineeship the Erasmus procedure is the same.
To start the procedure you complete, sign and send back the ORIGINAL copy of the Grant Agreement to the Erasmus Coordinator.
Once received your file, which is made up of 3 steps, will be opened:
Step 1: BEFORE the mobility
Step 2: DURING the mobility
Step 3: AFTER the mobility
Once engaged in the Erasmus process, you must validate ALL the steps until the closure of your file to be sure to obtain the scholarship.
IMPORTANT: If you do not validate the last step (3) or if you finish earlier than the minimum duration you will have to reimburse the 1st payment received after step 2.
Payment of the scholarship
The Erasmus Coordinator will request:
A pre-financing payment (70% of the scholarship) after validating the 2nd step.
The final payment (30% remaining) after validation that all the required documents for the 3rd and last step have been uploaded.
You will receive a message “Step 1 - BEFORE the mobility" via the Concord platform.
The Step 1 message explains the different documents required to set up your Erasmus file before you leave for your exchange/DD. It doesn’t take very long to prepare.
- Grant Agreement: The completed and signed ORIGINAL copy should be left at the Registrar office welcome desk or sent by post to the Office of the Registrar.
- Important: Without this document your application file will not be opened.
The following documents are to be uploaded directly on the Concord platform:
- Copy of your European Health Insurance Card. Request this via the Ameli website. You will receive a provisional certificate which serves as proof until you receive your card.
- Copy Liability Insurance Coverage (Responsabilité Civile): This insurance covers you if you injure someone or damage material during your mobility. It is mandatory for an internship and strongly advised for an exchange. It’s generally included in your Housing insurance contract so if not ask for it to be added on.
- Copy of the International insurance (recommended)
- IBAN (to be entered via MyRegistrar).
- 1st language test result (if applicable). Link for OLS test will be sent to you when yur file is opened.
When ALL the requested documents are uploaded you must sign Step 1. Do not sign before otherwise you can no longer upload missing documents. The Erasmus Coordinator signs & validates the step and you will receive a message “Step 2 - DURING the mobility" via the Concord platform.
The “Step 2” message explains the different documents to be completed by the Receiving Organisation before and upon arrival.
- Learning Agreement BEFORE mobility
- Certificate of arrival
When the 2 documents are uploaded you must sign Step 2. Do not sign before otherwise you can no longer upload missing documents. The Erasmus Coordinator signs & validates the step and you will receive a message “Step 3 - AFTER the mobility" via the Concord platform.
The Erasmus Coordinator will request the payment of the 1st transfer of your scholarship (70% of the total amount).
The “Step 3” message explains the different documents to be completed by the Receiving Organisation during (if applicable) and just before leaving.
1) Learning Agreement DURING mobility (if any changes in your classes or internship mission)
2) Learning Agreement AFTER mobility (Exchange: not mandatory if you have transcripts)
3) Certificate of attendance
4) Copy of the UE report (sent automatically by Erasmus after the end date)
5) 2nd language test result (if applicable) – return on OLS link.
When ALL the documents are uploaded you must sign Step 3. Do not sign before otherwise you can no longer upload missing documents. The Erasmus Coordinator signs & validates this last step.
The Erasmus Coordinator will request the payment of the 2nd transfer of your scholarship (30% of the total amount).