Student Residence Permit / Carte de Séjour

FAQ related to student residence permit in France, first time application, renewal

My current residence permit or my récépissé expires.I have not received my new residence permit. Mon titre de séjour / récépissé arrive à échéance et je n’ai pas reçu mon nouveau titre.
You can contact the Registrar’s office so that they can check the status of your file with the Préfecture. If the laminated card is not ready, you c...
Mon, 19 Feb, 2018 at 9:45 AM
How much do the fiscal stamps for the residence permits cost ? Quels sont les tarifs des timbres fiscaux pour les titres de séjour ?
- 49€ for a one-year card - 79€ for a multiannual card or a first card - 95€ for a duplicate after a loss or a theft Please note that some penalties wil...
Tue, 29 May, 2018 at 12:30 PM
My residence permit was lost or stolen / Mon titre de séjour a été perdu ou volé
You should drop an application file at the reception of the Registrar's Office  in order to get a duplicate of your residence permit. Requested do...
Mon, 11 Feb, 2019 at 4:39 PM
I have a « visa concours ». J’ai un « visa concours ».
The duration of a « visa concours » (CESEDA R313-3 1°) is very short (3 to 6 months max), that’s why you should submit your application file for a French r...
Mon, 11 Feb, 2019 at 4:40 PM
I have a « minor visa » (granted if I was under 18 when I applied). Can I travel abroad? J’ai un « visa mineur ». Puis-je voyager ?
No, a « visa mineur » does not allow you to travel abroad.  You are only authorized to travel between France and your home country.  Non, un visa mine...
Tue, 13 Nov, 2018 at 3:50 PM
« Visa mineur », "minor visa" / OFII
Minors are exempted from OFII. The “visa mineur” holder thus has nothing to do until he turns 18. The "visa mineur" holder can apply for a la...
Mon, 11 Feb, 2019 at 11:42 AM